You’ve probably heard that the best way to promote your business is through Search Engine Optimization, or what most people called as SEO.
As a beginner in SEO, understanding the basics is essential as it can help you figure out how it actually works. But perhaps you’re still wondering how SEO can help your business.
In this busy world, people prefer to search what they need and what they want online, instead of going to physical stores. Using the internet to search for things has been the norm because of the convenience. And guess where people search for stuff on the internet? Yes, Google. The world’s most popular search engine.
By having your site available on Google, people will see your product, services, and your business when they search for certain words in Google.That explains why Google SEO is important for your business! It helps to widen your brand’s exposure, products, and services. But it also expose you on a lot of risks and probability of people defrauding you.
Today, I’m sharing easy Google SEO tutorial to help you have a strong and secured SEO on your website to keep hackers from claiming your Google businesses account.
Help Google Find Your Content
Google crawls billions of web pages. Therefore, there are instances that some websites will be missed. To prevent this from happening on your blog, you need to help Google find your content.
First, you need to check if Google can’t find your site. Do this by submitting a sitemap to Google. A sitemap is a file on your site that tells search engines about the changes you made on the pages on your site.
When Google finally finds your site, the next thing you need to do is to improve its ranking. That’s where SEO comes up. You also need to make sure that you have a unique website to keep from hackers stealing your Google businesses account.
Optimize Your Site for Google Search
Using SEO is the best way to improve your ranking. Optimizing different aspects of your website will make it easy for Google to find your content. Many businesses use SEO to help their target audience find their content. Basically, SEO will increase your content visibility on the internet.
The process of SEO is done by SEO experts. If you don’t have any experience on doing it, then you can always to hire an SEO professionals to do it for you. Doing SEO on a website is a complex process. It’ll make on-site and off-site changes to your site. That’s why it is very important to optimize your site by:
- Using an accurate title page. Use a short title that clearly describes your content. Also, consider adding your keyword on your page title. Doing this will further increase your page’s visibility on the internet.
- Making use of meta description. Adding Meta description is important because Google uses it as snippets for your pages. Avoid using generic descriptions like “This is a web page” or “Page about muscle cars.”
- Using a simple but unique URL for easy search. Consider creating descriptive categories and filenames for the documents on your website. Doing this helps in making a simple URL.
- SEO your content. , it’s important for you to make your content interesting to get organic traffic or referrals. To do that, you need to provide the content that your audience wants to see.
- Help google understand your photos. By applying correct image filenames and appropriate alt text, to boost your Google Businesses site’s SEO.